Sign in to follow this  
Guest jason2112

Saitek X45 joystick users, help required!!!!!

Guest danowat

Hi,I have just purchased a Saitek X45 joystick and have a couple of questions.1) I am trying to get the elevator trim to work using one of the rotary controls, I cant seem to get it to work any one got any idea?.2) Does anyone have a profile for FS2004 to use with this stick?CheersDan.

Guest jason2112

Hi Dan!To use one of the rotary controls for elevator trim, you need to go to the FS2004 control assignments and assign the proper axis to this function:Settings -> Assignments -> Joystick Axes -> Elevator trim axisAfter that you must check the sensitivity settings, because they sometimes default to zero - so you won't see any effect although you assigned the proper axis.Regarding the profile, I only use the profile editor for a few shifted assignments, the rest works via the normal FS dialogue.But here is my assignment, to give you some ideas:Stick-----* A: Cycle view* B: Cycle view (back)* Trigger: ATC window* Launch: Auto pilot engage/disengage* Hat Button 1: Look around* Hat Button 1 (shift): ATC numbers 1-4* Hat Button 2: Elevator/rudder trim* Pinkie: ShiftThrottle--------* D: Brake* D (shift): Spoilers* Hat Button 3: Flaps up/down* Rotary 1: Mixture* Rotary 2: Prop* Mouse cursor: Zoom (forward/back: big steps, up/down: small steps)* Mouse fire button: Zoom 1xThat's all I have assigned at the moment. When I first got the X45 I assigned functions to all three modes, but after more than a year, this is what I use.VOlker :]

I have my X36 (earlier model) set up as Volker explains, no problem.As to the profiles, I don't use them, just use the FS assignements.For the few times I fly props I also have a rotary assigned to rpop pitch.There was some talk quite a a while ago in the Saitek forum that using the Saitek s/ware to create profiles had a performance impact on FS, maybe Volker could say if he sees that or if he has no problems.The Saitek is a good, reasonably priced combo for flight simming.Rgds

Guest danowat

Hi,Ahhhhh Volker, that did the trick, it was the sensitivity thing, working great now cheers!!.Dan.

Guest jason2112

I have not run any comparative benchmarks, but some time ago I switched from the Haphazard (sp?) drivers to the Saiteks during a reinstall of WinXP. I did not notice any negative effects.Dan: Glad it was the sensitivity setting, figuring that out took me a while as well ;)VOlker :]