Sign in to follow this  
Guest yarvelling

My Traffic v. FS Traffic

There seems to be some controversy over the respective merits of MyTraffic 2004 and FS Traffic 2002 - someone on JustFlight forums saidof MT2004 "...if you look at some of the screenshots that they havemade avalible the quality of repaints is very poor, look at the AirFrance or even worse the UPS". (I know Just Flight makes FS Traffic, so may not be neutral in this!) What aboutand FS Traffic 2002? Is 2004 expected any time soon (though I use FS2K2)? Anyone got any strong views on this one way or the other on this?M.

>There seems to be some controversy over the respective merits>of My>Traffic 2004 and FS Traffic 2002 - someone on JustFlight>forums said>of MT2004 "...if you look at some of the screenshots that they>have>made avalible the quality of repaints is very poor, look atI have My Traffic for FS2004, and what he says about the textures is partly true. They aren't as good as they could be, but for me, they are "good enough". I think they use smaller textures to help on framerates, which results in a fair amount of "blockiness" when you look up close. 99% of the time, this never becomes an issue.One other thing I noticed was that strange aircraft sometimes show up at airports. I think the flightplans aren't based on real-world routes, but instead they rely on an airlines hub location to create flights. I add my own traffic to the flightplans anyway, and whenever PAI comes out with new flightplans, I add them and delete the My Traffic ones.I bought My Traffic mainly because at the time it was the only one available, so it might be worth it to wait a few weeks to read some comments about the other packages which are just coming out.- Martin

Well, I'm in the process of downloading Ultimate Traffic, finally. Hope it's the right decision, as it's almost 200MB (on a 56K modem - 20 hours!). Now thinking of upgrading from, FS2002 to 2004 as well .....M.

Guest yarvelling

I'm very happy with FS Traffic, though I'll be even happier when the FS2004 patch comes...it works well (though some features/gimicks don't work), and the AI planes look good. For a freebie though, you really can't beat ProjectAI (PAI)...I get a lot of their planes to add in, using TTools, and they also look the 'biz', and unlike FS Traffic, there are lots of new liveries, flight plans etc. coming all the time from PAI.