Sign in to follow this  
ray60618

HELP! FSX SP2 conflicts and airplane repaints

Any suggestions? I have installed and reinstalled SP2 on my FSX set up but it will not allow me to show show plane repaints. Any tweeks? Suggestions? here are my computer stats:Vista Service Pack2AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200 2.7GHz4.00 GB RAM32-bit OSNVIDIA GeForce GT 430 1GBSome 2nd party repaints (Project Opensky! even) show up as white plane repaints. A big surprise for me as PO repaints have always worked for me!Any help would be appreciated.

I'm out flying... leave me a message.

Can you provide a specific example (the complete filename and source) of something you dowloaded and installed which is problematic?I'd like to see if I can duplicate the issue.

Thanks for responding!Here is the filename from the AVsim downloads library: File Description: vancouver_2010.zipSemi-Photoreal rendition of C-FIVS / 742 (cn 35784/797 First flight 27/06/2009). Works with FS2004 and FSX - latest POSKY SP2 is included. Dedicated to Derya! I'd be curious to see what you can find out for me.

Can you provide a specific example (the complete filename and source) of something you dowloaded and installed which is problematic?I'd like to see if I can duplicate the issue.

Thanks for responding!Here is the filename from the AVsim downloads library:File Description: vancouver_2010.zipSemi-Photoreal rendition of C-FIVS / 742 (cn 35784/797 First flight 27/06/2009). Works with FS2004 and FSX - latest POSKY SP2 is included. Dedicated to Derya! I'd be curious to see what you can find out for me.
I could not duplicate the display issue on this aircraft on my XP setup - running FSX with SP1 and SP2 (no acceleration) installed. It was selectable and displayed properly for me.There are other issues with this particular package - a panel.cfg which is calling for a cab file which was not provided and is not FSX default.I do see contact information in the instructions - perhaps the author can be of assistance if you e-mail him.Wish I had better news for you.

Guest wims

I dont know about that particular plane, however, I do know that some planes liveries will not show up if you use Direct X 10 preview. I have no idea if this is related to your problem tho

I think you are right... Maybe directX issues... I'll deactivate preview and see... Thanks... Does this disable some Internet functions?

I think you are right... Maybe directX issues... I'll deactivate preview and see... Thanks... Does this disable some Internet functions?
It should not affect anything else - this was a "preview" release which was apparently never fully tested or implemented.

Hi again! Turning off DirectX preview did finally work for me. So now I can see my third party airplane repaints! So to date I am SP2 current and I can still enjoy my old repaints! Thanks for the feedback! I'll be back for more!

It should not affect anything else - this was a "preview" release which was apparently never fully tested or implemented.