Sign in to follow this  
Mariopilot

FS9: 1FPS ground vs M$ Force F. 1 joystick: solution

OK...so your FS performs that good you don't believe it..then your wheels touch the ground and...AAAGHHH!! sudden FPS drop at 1.00..a really amazing performance...can't go that low even with the oldest system available. So, If you have a Force Feedback joysstick, the problem might be there: you see, 1 FPS when rolling, but you don't feel the ground vibration...stop the plane, and again good performace...for me this happens with a MicrosoftForce Feedback 1 joystick plugged int an SB 128 sound card...may be also linked to sound cards?? Boh...anyway, if you're experiencing this strange issue, try:DIASBLING FORCE FEEDBACK GROUND BUMPS !! I read to tun down Force feeback at all, but this kills down a graet part of the realism......at least for me...(if you don't have Force....)TRy with your system and let me know if this is a good solution: even if FPS drop is not that high ad tragic: with 1FPS is unflyable!! (better: unrollable..) Mario NoriegaA.C.T. Publishing Freeware group, www.actpub.comhttp://www.actpub.com/ad2k2ban2.jpg

signature.jpg

Guest snakeoilsurfer

I had same problem. What I did as well, is to disable ALL feeback, and my fps jumped up approx 15-20. Try it.

Hi...snakeoilsurfer,Why disabling ALL Feedback? It's a very great feature...just turn down the gear bumps option solves the problem...at least here...I'm getting 30 FPS at standard airports and 15 at add-on detailed ones...pratically maxed settings (well, guess about my FX 5900 ultra?).....Don't kill FF, it will no longer make difference...(think this will not influence that much your CPU...and GPU is not called there...):-bluegrabMario NoriegaA.C.T. Publishing Freeware group, www.actpub.comhttp://www.actpub.com/ad2k2ban2.jpg

signature.jpg