Sign in to follow this  
Guest Speed

Solved strange proplem with Radeon 9800 Pro + Anti Aliasing

Hi guys, i am gonna try to explain this with my very bad english grammer :-) have merci....i had the problem that my Anti-Aliasing (4X) always disappeard when i Alt-Tabed or used the FSNavigator Add-on (F9), the strange thing was that when i was in windowed mode the AA was working but soon i changed in fullscreenmode the AA was gone, very annoying!!!!So i started to try some "scenarios":I found out, that with some Aircraft (FS2004 standard Boeing737) the problem dont exist, but with most my loved ones (Ifdg MD-11, FSD Porter etc....) it was back. strange....so i found out, when i use a plane with DTX3 textures my AA dont disappear!!!! i changed the txtures form MD-11 - Porter etc... and the problem was gone! strange.....More strange: this only works with AA set to 4x, AF set 8x, when i trye to get higher lets say AA 6x, the problem is back. strange....ok as you can see i am not a 3D guru nor a FS guru, so i would be very intrested in coments or other solutions for this problem...i hope i am not alone with this problemPS: i do force the AA and my AA setting in fs is off!!regardsMcDaniel

Guest Speed

I have this problem too, I will try out your solution. Thanks for posting it.Speed.

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,You are not alone. I have this happen occasionally too. What I do to cure the problem is make sure I'm in the 2D panel, then press 'ESC' on my keyboard, then press 'Continue Flying'. Then my AA is returned.Jim

Ok but it looks like we are some kind of lone with this problem!what are your graphic card specs + drivers?here we have 9800 Pro and latest OmegaDriversi will try your solution.GreetsMcdaniel

Guest DanielBu

I've also had this problem since FS02...I wonder if ATI could do anything about the drivers...there doesnt seem to be a permanent fix yet.

Guest Speed

The latest Omega drivers fixed the flashing and the AA going off for me. Now I can go to menus or alt tab super quick. It's such a relief.Speed.