Sign in to follow this  
Bill Womack

anyone bought Cpt.Sim F-104??

Guest gooper

has anyone bought the F-104 now that it has FINALLY been released-any comments??

Guest panda234

Just got it. Pretty rough landing first time around, hehe, but looks like it's going to be great. I'm used to the heavy iron so this a big change, but some fun....

Guest product

Paid for it, but I (and lots of others) can't seem to get a download... not too impressed so farJoel

Guest OneTinSoldier

After seeing this thread I went and purchased it. Btw Joel, your post was not in here at the time I went to purchase it. I also had trouble downloading it. The download speed was very good, but would keep quitting on me. So I had to keep clicking 'Cancel' and click the link again. When I would click on download link it would then resume from the point it quit on me the last time I had to click cancel. I had to click cancel and click the download link about 20 times, but I finally got the whole 48.9 MB file and am about to install it right now.Regards,Jim

Guest product

I'm still unable to get beyond 6 or 7% before the download quits- these guys don't seem ready for prime time with this. And there's already a few complaints of bugs from those who have succesfully dowloaded and installed.This is my first purchase from them- what kind of reputation do they have?Joel

From what I've seen over the years, Captain Sim put out very advanced aircraft with beautiful models that are loaded with features. I did finally manage to get my 104 downloaded last night successfully, and it installed very smoothly with no problems. It's quite a beautiful bird, IMHO, although it'll take some practice to fly it right... but that's a lot like the real thing. Captain Sim set high goals for themselves, and usually end up making good on them. But often initially, their reach exceeds their grasp, at least with regards to the technical aspects of delivering the product. There seem to have been some server problems that vexed purchasers last night, but they say the problem has been fixed now. I hope for their sake it has! One thing I've noticed is that their system of delivering registration codes has improved dramatically since the last release, so they're obviously working on improving things.As for bugs in the aircraft itself, I haven't seen them yet -- but I've only flown it a few minutes, so that doesn't mean much. I'm sure, as with any release this complex, there will be issues. In the past they've shown a willingness to fix bugs in their products so I wouldn't let that stop you from purchasing if you really want a Starfighter. Just be patient with them! The military flying crowd seem to be more picky and demanding than any other group of 'simmers on Earth, and I think they wear a little thin on the CS support staff sometimes. They can come off as a little abrupt in their public dealings with customers, but if you keep your calm and show them a little respect, things usually end up getting resolved.That's my take anyway. I'm a CS 104 customer, and I'm quite happy with the purchase!thanks,