Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

ATI CAT 3.9 drivers still not really fixed (for me)

Ok I waited on these, did not try the omegas as I was running WIN 98 SE and did not really see a set that had ALL the improvements. I downloaded and followed the instructions on ATI's site for the install. Basically it says shutdown everything except systray and explorer and install over the top of the old drivers. While the menu flashing is gone I now have something else a bit annoying. If I switch from fullscreen to windowed or try to access menus, I get about a 2 second pause with a corrupted graphic screen (kind of what was there but jumbled and jaggedy) then the menu pops up and no flashing. Everything else is fine, but it seems that most posters in here are seeing nothing like this. Just wondered if anyone else is getting this, no biggy really, just not the way it should be. Windowed mode works fine. Should I uninstall everything and reinstall the drivers from scratch? I guess this is most likely the problem ,just wondering if others have it.Hornit

Ok, if no one is having any problems how about some settings in the control panel that work, maybe thats it??? I am thinking it might have something to do with FSAA or mip settings.Hornit

Guest Bigshot

Did you uninstall the old control panel and install the new one?

Guest Tim13

For the 3.8's and 3.9's, I used the ATI uninstall tool that cleans out everything ATIwise (driver and cp)from your hd, and then ran the broadband (single download of about 25mb) 3.9's which installed the new control panel and driver. So far, I have not experienced what you are describing. I guess to start trouble shooting, I'd keep it simple and uninstall/install the 3.9's again.Tim13

Guest MSMITH6

Hornit-I might have the same problem. The flashing is gone (Thank You God!)but if I "Alt" to the menu, I have a corrupted screen out the front of the aircraft. Also, if I go to the FSUIPC module and then attempt to move the dialog box that pops up, it will "smear" across the screen.Using Radeon 9800 on P4 2.8GHz at 1280x960.Mike Smith

Im going to try the driver clean up/reinstall route first, will report back! :)Hornit

Ok.....did the uninstall/ and clean up with above mentioned utility. Everything is fine now, I do get a momentary sound stutter though with the menu switch, no big deal here. The graphic corruption is gone now. Im pretty sure I just needed to clean up. Everything seems ok for now.Hornit