Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

Can I reinstall FS2004 without uninstalling first?

Guest cliff

My joystick works sometimes and at other times it's dead DESPITE the fact that the test in the calibration facility shows it to be working correctly.I'm hoping that reinstalling FS2004 will solve the problem but don't want to have to reinstall all my add-ons unless I really have to.How do I reinstall without uninstalling? Or isn't that possible?I'd appreciate help with this one.

Try renaming your fs9.cfg file to fs9.cfg.OLD, restart fs2004, let it stabilize, and see if the problem is solved. If so, delete fs9.cfg.OLD. If not, delete the new fs9.cfg and rename fs9.cfg.OLD to fs9.cfg.Generally, you can't install fs2004 over itself. You could try renaming fs2004.exe to fs2004.OLD, then try an install.W. Sieffert

Guest cliff

I have located a few cfg files but not "fs9.cfg".Your suggestion is an interesting one and I'd like to try it. Could you spare a few moments more to tell me where to find that file please?