Sign in to follow this  
fael097

lack of documentation

Hi, Im a 3d modeler and animator for some years now, and i recently decided to give fsx a try. but i found it quite difficult to get started with something concrete inside fsx, lets say a box that has a moving flap.i recently upgraded my 3ds max to version 2011, and sadly it doesnt fully support fsx dev'ing, but i can ask autodesk a max 2008 license, or use gmax, no problem, whatever works.the only problem is that i cant find instructions for fsx specifically. web has plenty of 3ds max modeling tutorials, wich can be used with gmax since its the same thing, and i do this for several years, so its not hard for me (or anyone) to put a plane model together. problem lies when you try to insert it into fsx. how?!please, if someone can point directions, i'd be really glad.it just has to be for fsx. i dont care about modeling, animating the model itself, just exporting the model, exporting animations, creating mdl files, xml, bgl, cfg, air, all that kind of stuff, wich is what lacks information IMHO. ive found some tuts for fs2004, wich do not apply for fsx.thanks in advance!

you mean the manual?well yeah
No, I mean the FSX Modelling SDK.

how exactly can i read the SDK itself? i can read its manual, but not the sdk itself, as its a group of softwares.

you talking about the sdk help file? srsly, i didnt understand lol
I mean this: