Sign in to follow this  
Guest DC3 701

Why I am glad (now) I kept FS 2002.....sheesh !!

Thank heavens I kept FS 2002 ! Thank heavens....I thought about deleting it when I got FS9 but I held on, just in case. Am I glad I waited. FS9 has just been a bunch of headaches, one after another. Every time I solve one issue, something else pops up. Didja see my Desktop Madness in FS2004 thread? FS2002 runs smoother and better than Fs2004. I have it at 1600x1200x32 and with sliders mostly maxed, it runs at incredible frames and smoothly. Granted the scenery and clouds are somewhat inferior to FS2002, but it WORKS all the time. (It always did, of course, outta the box.)I also use FS2002 for my beloved PSS 744 and 777 a/c which don't work in Fs2004 with the PSS panels. As time goes on, I have had to choose between great functionality and a sim with excellent working a/c and add-ons; and lots of eye candy in a sim that is in many respects superlative, but unreliable. I've decided to use FS9 for VFR and simpler flying, and keep FS2002 for IFR and serious heavy iron FMC flying, and when I need something that will go for 15 hours without a glitch and with ease all the time.JS

Guest allcott

It's the exact opposite on my system. FS9 runs better than FS2002 ever did. Smoother, faster (for equivalent image quality), more reliable,loads faster, shuts down quicker,VC's are fantastic etc. etc.I have now deleted most of the FS2002 folders so that the old version no longer runs, but certain folders are still on the hard drive. Yes, it's now a museum exhibit and library only. FS9 is that much superior!Allcott

Guest DC3 701

Remember, you can always import the 2004 scenery (or a good part of it) into 2002. There's a thread somewhere on here detailing how to do that. A search for the word "hybrid" ought to bring it up. Have a good one.