Sign in to follow this  
irishterrier

FSX SP1 update.

Hi,After installation and activation of FSX the SP1 pack (.exe) file doesnot execute in Win7. It only wants to execute a msi file !? In Windows XP it all went fine.Is there a solution for this. I also get a message: colourscheme has been changed in Win7 basic. What does that mean ?

I would try to run the SP1 installer in compatibility mode. To do this right click on it and click properties. Then go to the compatibility tab check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select either Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or 3) or Windows Vista (with any or no service packs). Then click apply and run the installer. If that doesn't work, write me back. When Windows says "Your color scheme has been changed to Windows 7 Basic" it just means that FSX doesn't support the theme you are using (probably Windows 7 Aero) and it will be changed back when you exit Flight Simulator. Nothing to worry about there!

Unfortunately, 'run the SP1 installer in compatibility mode' doesnot show anything. The system keeps asking for a 'msi' file !Can't I just skip the SP1 pack and proceed with SP2 ?

Unfortunately, 'run the SP1 installer in compatibility mode' doesnot show anything. The system keeps asking for a 'msi' file !Can't I just skip the SP1 pack and proceed with SP2 ?
No - you need SP1. What is the name of the file you are trying to launch? It should be:- fsx_sp1_ENU.exe with a size and date of 213,012 KB 5/15/2007Try downloading it again - from here:-http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a0437942-e3dc-4aa7-85dc-90aae2f0409e

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.