Sign in to follow this  
Guest CargoMun

No Taxi to gate?

Two of my last 3 flights in my 737 had problems with ATC. After I landed (at the reqquest of ATC), I was told to contact ground. When I did, I was not given any option to taxi to the gate. My options were numerous, but 7 of the 8 of my choices were to take off again. I never requested a touch & go. In fact, I was given full clearance to land. The 8th choice on the menu said "Taxi to parking ..." When I selected that, it only gave me more take off options. Anyone else notice this? Sometimes I get a full Ground Control directed taxi to the terminal, other times, Ground just seems to drop me after I land.Thanks for the help.Chris Catalano

Guest rmce

Chris,Cannot say I have found this. The last option always works for me.Sometimes you have to clear the runway and stop, hitting the "'" key to communicate, but this all I have to do for atc directions.Have to changed any settings?ronald

Haven't changed any settings. However, maybe I did not come to a full stop first after clearing the runway, or maybe I was not clear of the runway first. I'll try that next time.Chris

Guest Van

Could be all the gates are full with AI aircraft. If AI can't find a free gate they disappear and if you can't, then ATC will not have a free gate to assign you.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns/AFG GroupPanel/FDE Designer

Guest CargoMun

Yup, it means all gates are full. This is actually a good way to simulate reality beeing put on hold at a threshold out on the taxiways - and also since its most likely a busy airport, a free gate will be free quick I think :)What I usually do is just slam the parking break and go plane spot watching with the ATC screen open and wait till the taxi to gate option appears straight after another is given clearence to taxi from a gate :)