Sign in to follow this  
Guest danowat

P4 and the Intel D875PBZLK

Hi,my current system is as follows >Win XP Professional SP1.ASUS Enforce2 Deluxe MB A7N8X Rev2 USB2.AMD Barton XP3000+Seagate Baracuda 160 GiG Serial ATA HDD.1024MB Corsair Extreme Low Latency CAS 2 RAM.Vantec Stealth 520W PSU.NEW Herculese 9800Pro Graphics card 128MB.I was thinking about the P4 3ghz on the Intel D875PBZLK motherboard with the rest of the equipment the same as above, I just wanted some thoughts from others wheather or not I would get a marked gain by up-grading to the NEW specs,thank's,Steve

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thamk you for the reply, I forgot (duh) to mention that I have the NEW Hercules Digifire 7.1, WoW, what a sound card it is too,Steve

Hi Steve,You will have a very sweet system with the P4 3ghz and the 875 board, I have just done the very same upgrade, going from a P4 2.4ghz and the difference was astounding.I see you have 1024mb of memory, is this 1 stick or 2 512mb's?, the reason I ask is that the 875 board is a dual channel memory board, i.e. you need at least 2 sticks of memory to take advantage of the dual channel system.Dan.

Hi Dan,wow, what a fluke, I have 2 sticks, and I forgot to mention my Hercules Digifire 7.1 sound card, sounds wonderfull, what type of improvements do you think I will notice straight away going from the Asus A7N8X and XP3000 to the Intel board and the P4 3GHZ chip, It's not supposed to be a silly question although it may sound like one,thank you.Steve,

HI Steve,thats good, as for your increase, as I said I also upgraded to a 875 and P4 3ghz, I cant speak for your system as I had a P4 2.4 not and AMD, but I saw at least a double in frame-rates, I am very pleased with it.BTW, where are you buying your components from?, I brought my components from 3 different suppliers, there was a big difference in prices, and I saved at least