Sign in to follow this  
sonic5

runway not complete

Every time I start a flight at KPDX portland , the runways are covered with ,looks like mounds of dirt, just the entry way of the runway can be seen?Does anyone have and ideason, How to bring it back to normal?I have FSX . Thanks

Every time I start a flight at KPDX portland , the runways are covered with ,looks like mounds of dirt, just the entry way of the runway can be seen?Does anyone have and ideason, How to bring it back to normal?I have FSX . Thanks
Is this the default KPDX - or have you added some enhancement for it or for that matter, for the area in general?More details please.

Guest anthony31fs

Maybe two problems.In the FSX object library there are "mounds of dirt" which may have been placed on the runway by some addon scenery. (try unticking any addon scenery from the scenery library to see if this resolves the problem)OR the airport flatten has been either excluded or broken somehow and the airfield is no longer flattened so the default terrain is now poking through the dead flat runway. (go to the airport nearest KPDX, does it have the same problem? if so then it may be that one of your default airport data files has become corrupted).As usual a screenshot would be very helpful in determining the exact nature of the problem.