Sign in to follow this  
Petey

Trouble with youtube after installing FSX

Dear members of the avsim forums,A week ago i have installed the full version of FSX after running the trial version for a while. rolleyes.gifSince i installed the full version i get difficulties watching youtube video's. Well in fact not all video'sonly the ones with the "new player" (the old video's with a grey timeline below the video i am still able to pley).I can only hear the audio, get the announciation boxes if there are any but the video itself won't play.Also the timeline kind of blurs out when i hover my mouse over it.To give you an example, here's what it looks like:181562_10150111124378117_789963116_6377101_5845271_n.jpgAnyone any idea how this can be resolved?Any help would be greatly appreciated!!Many thanks in advance!

Hey, I actually had the same problem when I installed FSX a couple of months ago. It seems to be a problem with the trial version.Did you uninstall the trial version first and then install the full version? If not, thats what's causing your problems!Hope this helps

Hey, I actually had the same problem when I installed FSX a couple of months ago. It seems to be a problem with the trial version.Did you uninstall the trial version first and then install the full version? If not, thats what's causing your problems!Hope this helps
I did uninstall the trial version.Even deleted the root folder since the uninstall left it being in program files.Thanks for your reply anyway, i'm sure the information will be usefull to others as well!

Hi Pieter. All I can really suggest is you perform an un-install of Adobe Flash Player, and then re-install the latest version from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/Hope you can sort it!
You nailed it! it appears to be flashplayer.I did what you said and it works perfectly with mozilla Firefox and internet explorer but not with google chrome :sAny idea why?When i disable flashplayer in chrome and enable it again im able to play one video.but when i click another one it goes blurry again.

You nailed it! it appears to be flashplayer.I did what you said and it works perfectly with mozilla Firefox and internet explorer but not with google chrome :sAny idea why?When i disable flashplayer in chrome and enable it again im able to play one video.but when i click another one it goes blurry again.
No idea why. Although these sort of bugs are the reasons why I stay away from Chrome. Firefox all the way, especially their new beta.

Glad you got it sorted out. I dont use chrome personally either. If you want a good browser = FIREFOX

Glad you got it sorted out. I dont use chrome personally either. If you want a good browser = FIREFOX
Regretably I wasn't able to fix it yet...Firefox is the same trouble as chrome it appears.after re-install, only one video can be played, the second one blurs out again. Only with chromeless players ofcource.I can however watch video's with Opera another browser i have.

You may want to have a look here, and through the other help pages in the same area for problems with video playback. Some of the info may help you narrow down the problem:http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/youtube/thread?tid=5b6f8b8b8014a6d6Regards

You may want to have a look here, and through the other help pages in the same area for problems with video playback. Some of the info may help you narrow down the problem:http://www.google.co...b6f8b8b8014a6d6Regards
Thank you very much!I have been searching for a way to contact google or google forums!I'll browe through it :)

You're using a 64 bit IE browser right? Try using the 32 bit IE and see if that runs Flash?GD
I was using the 64 bit version yes.I now tried the 32 bit IE and had to download flashplayer again.So i downloaded and installed it and as always, the first video worked perfectly fine, the second blurred out again. =(

You could try resetting IE's original settings by doing the following:Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > (Reset Internet Explorer Settings) ResetThis will probably delete all your cooky/history/favourite data. Just a warning!

OK Pieter, apologies, hoped that would work but I am now fresh out of of ideas. Good luck.GD
No worries mate, thanks for your help anyway...smile.gif
You could try resetting IE's original settings by doing the following:Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > (Reset Internet Explorer Settings) ResetThis will probably delete all your cooky/history/favourite data. Just a warning!
That doesn't work either, i have aleady re-installed all browsers and reset IE.I performed a clean install on flashplayer, chrome and mozilla firefox. Result, still not working. Flashplayer is a ######!Thanks anyway...