Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OSJJ1985

Fs2004 Sound problem

Hi... I got some annoying sound issues on my FS2004....First some back-story:I had some problems with my system and had to reinstall windows and my file system on my partition where I had Flight Sim seems to be corrupted and can't do anything with those files.... not even delete them (although I can copy and install files onto it without problem). It's just the files, which were on that partition before windows reinstall. But I currently don't want to format that partition as there might be some files on it that I would miss for the reinstall. I reinstalled Flight Simulator on another partition on another driver and started to reinstall some of my files (not copying from D, but the ones I still have the installers).Ok here is the actual problem.... I went to test one of my aircraft and noticed that the spool-up is not smooth and continuous when the engine sound goes higher.... it sounds pretty laggy despite everything else (graphic) being very smooth and no other sound issues. It sounds like skipping notes. I also checked the throttle, which increases smooth as well, it's just the sound that seems to skip notes (like 1....4.....8.....15). I tried all kinds of stuff... reinstalled flight sim numerous times.... installed latest directx .... installed latest sound driver.... dxdiag doesn't record any errors. Furthermore I haven't had this issue before with FS2004 and haven't change anything on my hardware. I don't even know anymore where to look for. I can't imagine it being an hardware issue.... I don't even think it's a driver issue. Is there some kind of hidden configuration that screwed this up?? I'm about to get pretty frustrated :-/.Anyone has any ideas or experience concerning this problem?Intel Core 2 Duo (2 x 1,87 GHz)Integrated High Definition Sound DeviceWin XP Pro SP3I guess the rest is pretty irrelevant..... and as I stated already Flight Simulator has worked just fine on the same system and I haven't changed any hardware since then.... The driver seems to be find as well.... as sound is working pretty flawless for everything (Music, Videos, etc...). It's just that interrupted engine spool-up/down sound, which is very annoying.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That's an issue I had on an old Pentium D system I built years and years ago. The culprit was the the on board audio. My only solution then was to buy a cheap-o Sound Blaster Audigy SE card. Newer higher end motherboards have excellent on board sound these days, but I have noticed this issue on a friends older computer as well as the one I mentioned. I only noticed that I had a real issue when my friend's Flight1 Super 80 ground proximity tone was smooth and mine was not. Then I started noticing it in the add on engine spool ups because i knew what to listen for. (Gosh I was clueless then!)...That you haven't had the issue before is strange, but I think a cheap addon pci card would fix the issue.