Sign in to follow this  
Guest fatcharlie

Transparency/Opacity in xml gauge bitmaps

Guest fatcharlie

Hi again all,after a quick question to Bill, I have searhced the forums (and the 'other place') for 'alpha blending' and similar terms.Now, I am a bit of a newbie, so maybe some things have been going over my head, but I cannot find anything which tells me how to (or even if it's possible to) get a semi-opaque image into an xml gauge.Basiclaly I want to simulate the reflection of an object in a perspex cover, not just a general 'reflective' look, but a definite image of something, using a semi-opaque bitmap as the last element of the gauge - possible?Can anyone point me in the direction of how to get partial opacity into a bitmap for an xml gauge?many thanks,Roger.

Search this forum for a recent thread entitled "Transparent Menu" and look for the posting by Jan (phjvh)-- maybe that is what you need.

Guest fatcharlie

Thank you Mr. Wash - or can I call you Prop?I'll have a look.I also found a thread from 2005/06, which has helped, called 'Alpha Channel Oddness'Tanks again.Roger.