Sign in to follow this  
jaxrix

New to MD11

I have been a flight sim enthusiast since the Sub Logic days. I finally found in my heart (and wallet) to spend the $$$ for the PMDG MD11, and all I can say, is why did I wait this long? It is a gorgeous aircraft, and my framerates are the best ever, on my mediocre system. I have just finished Tutorial 1 (EGLL - LSZH), and have a question, which stumped me for a few days. The current AIRAC cycle from NAVDATA shows the approch into LSZH as BLM2G, as opposed to BLM1G, as referenced in the tutorial. The MD11 would start descending from FL 370 at the proper time to FL 200 (instead of FL 150 for BLM1G). At nine miles before the BLM VOR, we are supposed to resume the descent, at or above FL 150 at BLM, and at or above FL 120 at ZH677. The descent out of FL 200 never happened! It sure looked like the FMC was expecting the descent to resume at BLM -9. I dug into my archives, and pulled out the March 2009 AIRAC cycle, which contained the BLM1G approach, loaded it up, and it flew perfectly. Why didn't the correct descent work for the BLM2G approach?I apologize if this issue has been addressed previously - I did a thorough search, without the intended results.Rick Stevens

Hi Rick, conicidentally I'm planning to fly into LSZH tonight, I'll look into this for you.Cheers!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Rick,I discovered to my surprise during the flight that I have BLM1G and not BLM2G in my database.If you're still keen to get it working, copy/paste the relevant BLM2G line only from the STARS section of your LSZH.txt file, send it to me in a PM. I'll see if I can sort it out for you.Don't send the whole LSZH.txt file or post it in your forum reply here, please. The file is copyrighted material. :(

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Hi Rick,I tested the BLM2G last night and I didn't encounter the issue that you describe, the aircraft followed the constraints exactly as expected.Are you able to replicate the issue? No rush, just next time you're going into LSZH, try again and if the same thing happens, take a screenshot of the PFD and ND as you pass the point where the descent should have started. Post it here and I'll look into it further.Cheers!

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Thanx for your efforts, Mark! I'll give it another try in a couple weeks, as soon as I wear out the JS4100!Rick Stevens