Sign in to follow this  
Guest Yann_

MD-11 livery install problem

Guest Yann_

Hello everyone,I've installed the PMDG MD-11 and it works fine. But when I want to install some livery's the problemsare starting to appear. When I install the first livery the files witch should be standing in simobjects/airplaneswith the name PMDG MD11 and PMDG MD11F are disappearing for some reason. These installers werefrom the PMDG official site and I've tried several things: reinstalled the MD11, solve compatibility problems,...But it doesn't seam to work. Can you help me out?YannD

What liveries are you trying? Are you making sure you are doing the correct FS version..they have fs9 and fsx versions of alot.

Same thing was happening to a friend of mine. It seemed to delete his FSX\Texture\ Folder as well. Not sure why It was doing that.. I tried helping him (he's quite computer illiterate) and It seems the install goes fine, but then after words when the installer is still running in the background it hangs a bit (about 10 seconds) and then after that the folder is deleted. Not sure why, but if someone could help with this it would be cool. Oh and; I hear it is a measure to prevent piracy by PMDG. So if there's something fishy about your install or registration, it deletes the MD-11. Are you sure you bought your MD-11 ? ;)

I have LEGALLY bought the MD-11, and I have the same issue. Can anyone at the PMDG (yes, I said 'the' because they're awesome, especially for their new NGX!) help us?!

FS2004 Forever

Dont know if it helps but if you got vista or win7 try run the installer as admin (right click on the .exe and press "run as admin")