Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arrington

FS2Night ***first pre-release preview***

Guest Arrington

Hi Rob,Now that might be a problem. If the textures have changed at all in terms of road/ building placement, my textures would not be compatible. I haven't seen Ruud's textures, so I can't say for sure.

exceptional as always Chris! :D STUNNING work!Cheers,

Great work there, i'm kind of tired of the FS2004 default night textures already, this will be a great improvement! One which i'm sure many have been longing for so thank you!If i was to say one thing, i wish more people like yourself would be able to create night textures specifically for British cities, typically London. Those of you from the UK like myself will know that most UK cities when seen from above, appear as seen in the first screenshot, but instead of yellows and white light colours being dominant, UK cities such as London, are mostly seen as a red colour. So the streets are all outlined with this beautiful red and dark orange colour. Check the pic below to get some idea of what i'm rambling on about...Look at the roads to the right of the pic and the lights surrounding 27R:http://www.airliners.net/open.file/304323/L/Would this red lighting effect be possible?

Guest Arrington

Hi Captain,OUTSTANDING! I was hoping to get some insight on this prior to release, I can't tell you how much I would appreciate your input. I have been studying photographs, such as the one you've provided, but photos often misrepresent color.There are many tiles similar to this for European cities. This is a random example. Do you like the coloring shown here?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/51335.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/51336.jpg

Chris, hey there, i cant beleive my eyes, this is what i wished for in the previous post, the next day i check the forums and there it is!This is exactly what i'm looking for, if i speak on behalf of and regarding London rather than any other European cities, i can say that this is very very accurate! So well done and all the praise in the world, your doing a great job! I tried to get a better pic to demonstrate my point, but the screenshots you've posted demonstrate it even better, as it looks spot on.I've seen your posts in the screenshot forum here at Avsim and noticed people telling you to change the colour, in my honest opinion- DONT! Being a Londoner myself this looks very promising.So the colours are fine and it sounds like you know what your talking about judjing on your previous posts. I'm just happy to have pointed you in the right direction/confirmed what you have already done, as your on the right track!Good luck and cannot wait!p.s. Feel free to get back to me for further feedback/comments: bhavesh1184@hotmail.comCheers and good day!

Guest Arrington

Well, okay then! :) You can't do much better than that. Thank you very much Captain! :-beerchug

Guest Arrington

I've had a due date of the Christmas holiday set since about March. It looks like I'm pretty much on schedule, give or take a few days.