Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

Help with file downloads

Guest MasterP

Whenever I download a file (aircraft addon, scenery, etc.) and save it to a file, the file that I have downloaded appears as a zip. file instead of a file folder. This means that I cannot view the contents of the file that I had just downloaded, which is something I need to be able to do if I want to add an aircraft to FS2002. When I try to open the file, my computer tries to open the file using a program such as Windows Media Player. If anyone has any idea how to fix this problem please let me know. Thank you in advance.

It is supposed to be a ZIP file. you need to associate a program to open that file (that is able to open that file), I am thinking you don't have XP as it will open zipped files by default. go and d/l the trail version of WINZIP (winzip.com), then you can open the file and extract the contents so you can install it.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW