Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dakota

Do we exspect too much when we buy addons for the fligthsimulator

It seems to me that allmost every developer gets bashed when they release a new addon, personally i have been satisfied with allmost all the addons i have bought.But im just an average simmer, i dont have the time to learn all the features from planes like PMDG737, PSS A320, SSW A310 and others like these, so i stay with planes i have time to learn. Sometimes it seems to me that some simmers are in way over there head with some of these advanced addons.So i really cant say if all the whining and moaning is justified, but what should we exspect from an addon that costs 30$, its really not alot of money considering the work that must have gone in to these products.Isnt the market for advanced addons so small that maybe our exspectations is running a little too high for what is possible.OHN

Guest Shocky

Well the problem is, some people are expecting way to much from add-ons... after all this is still a sim. You can't expect all to be perfect lik panels and FDE's..However that doesn't mean developers are not to blame here... There are developers that really do have the right attitude towards customers aswell as the FS spirit. They do their bests to provide us with great payware add-ons that they really spent a lot of time on... I really don't mind to pay for those kind of add-onsUnfortunately there are also devlopers that promise the world to their customers ..but then when the add-on is released it's full of bugs.. That is the point that I think people have the right to complain.. after all they paid for something that did not meet their expectations and promises that were made by the developers.Some developers just are very customer unfriendly... their service is bad, they make a 30$ package which is more then half the price of FS itself .. and then charge money for extra liveries...However I don't think people should complain about that ... if you don't like their policy then don't buy their products.That is the way I do it and that is also why I have not bought add-ons which I regret buying them ..yet :-loljust my 2

Guest Dakota

I expect the add-on to do what the company selling it tells me it will do. Nothing more, nothing less. If they can not create advanced systems, then they should not offer them. You should get what you paid for and not have a have a half-baked package. Do I think they are pushing the envolope and doing things MSFS was never meant to do....... Of course, but that will always be the case and it is what sells the software. We want something unique that can not be done for free or by the default sim. I think there are some fantastic add-on packages that have done that, even if there were some growing pains in the process. I also think the trend will conitnue. Thanks,