Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badderjet

Are NPS a selectable option?

Hey gurus,just asked myself if the NPS indications were actually an airline selectable option, or maybe they are tied to the new Collins AFDS? Thing is, when I once flew one of the NGs with the older Honeywell MCP a couple years ago I simply cannot remember to have noted any NPS indications, nor can I find them on any picture I took. I understand they should be visible during descent only, but I just double checked and they were really not there. Just being curious if they are a complete independent option (regardless of other installed systems) or tied to some other system selection.sig.gif

My understanding is that NPS is an option.NPS is displayed in all phases of flight (not sure if they are displayed on the ground) so that crew can monitor navigation performance.

Yeah,right now I am not quite sure as to why I thought it was only there during descent. Couldn't check atm but you might be right. Thanks for the reply. :(sig.gifOh, and I'm pretty darn sure they're not there on the ground - there isn't quite any RNP... :(

Oh, and I'm pretty darn sure they're not there on the ground - there isn't quite any RNP... :(
They reflect how accurately you can hold the taxiway centerline! :(

They reflect how accurately you can hold the taxiway centerline! :(
LOL, yeah that'd be in the RNP 0.00005 range then... :(sig.gif