Sign in to follow this  

Fuel Release in air

Hi all, is it posible to release the fuel in air. It seems that I always land to heavy. I cant find a function in the FS2002 that will do that.Thanks Trunks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I do believe that FS2002 does not have this capability to "Dump" fuel. That makes your preflight planning even more important in figuring out how much fuel is required for the flight. Make sure that you have planned for flying to a "Alternate" airport/s if required due to weather conditions upon arrival at your primary airport. Also additional fuel is required to fly for 45 min (IFR) and 30 min (VFR) in calm air at normal cruise speed which is called "Reserve Fuel" Then there might be the need for "holding fuel" and extra fuel needed for weather deviations and finally fuel for the Captain which he/she deems necessary. So you can see that some extra fuel is a "Good" thing to have. Now with the "Been Counters" (accountants)running airlines now days, they have firgured out that it costs more money to carry (Tanker) extra fuel on the flight. Makes sense since paying cargo/pax can be carried verses fuel. The trick is to maximize both revenue while still being legal with the correct fuel loads.Bottom line is that fuel dumping is only done nowdays in "Emergency" conditions which would cause additional damage to the aircraft if landed at a higher than normal gross weight.Terry

if you get a program called "arrestor cables" it has the ability to off-load and on-load fuel in mid-flight.

Yes! that really works, that great, thank you very much -> to all!Greeting Trunks