Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ccm303

Tech question for Ryan

Hey, ryan, real quick Question. I run my fsx on a Asus G72GX Gaming Laptop with an Intel Duo Core P8700 running at 2.53gz. Theres a local computer store here in miami selling a Intel Duo core T9900 running at 3.06gz at a price I can afford. My question is this. How much improvement will I see in frames if I get the new processor. I currently get 16-22fps @ Uk2000 EGLL with UT2 at 50% with the PMDG 747. Thanks

Likely not going to be that much of a difference unfortunately. FSX really does best with the quad i5s and i7s, preferably overclocked to ~4GHz or higher. There will be some improvement for sure, but likely not as much as you're looking for or enough to justify the cost.Are you talking about just replacing the CPU or getting a whole new laptop with this in it?

Well, thats a bummer, oh well. I was just thinking about replacing the cpu due to the fact that I study TV Production and the hassle of having to move all my videos, editing programs plus fsx to a new computer, not gonna happen. Thanks for your help Ryan.:(

Guest dlrk

If the issue is the hassle of moving everything, you can just keep the hard drive.

Replacing the CPU on a laptop may not even be possible actually - they're often soldered directly to the board and replacing it may cause thermal levels that the laptop wasn't designed to dissipate too.