Sign in to follow this  
barryoo

Audio Environment with Voxatc

I have loaded the most current Audio Environment (airliner addition) files into My Traffic x and into the default AI Traffic files and find no sound enhancement when using VOXATC. What Air traffc sounds I do receive are terribly muffled and blinded by the my aircrafts engine sounds. Even when I turn off my engine off there is nearly no AI aircraft sound. Hope someone has worked thru this problem and can assist.

OK, I have solved the problem and will provide my observatons to hopefully help other readers who may be having general VOXATC problems.To correct Audio Environment and other problems: It seems to me that VoxATC does not like to be installed before XTraffic 2010 and perhaps even Audio Environment. Therefor:1. Start with cleaned registry and all of the above software programs removed from hard drive.2. Load Xtraffic 2010, shutdown and startup, start FSX with FSX settings to use Traffic - Assure that you can see the XTraffic aircraft and that FSX ATC works. 3. Load Audio Environment, shutdown and startup, start FSX - Assure that you can hear Audio Environment with XTraffic aircraft using AE sounds.4. Load VoxATC, shutdown and startup, The VoxATC indexer should now pick up Xtraffic, The VoxATC panel setup should be run to load VoxATC into your favorite aircraft.5. STANDARD VoxATC STARTUP EVERY TIME YOU USE FSX:5.1 [optional] Quary realtime weather using your favorite program (REX or whatever) - then shut the program down.5.2 [optional] Startup IRTracker or whatever.5.3 Start up FSX with a clean aircraft environment: My preference is a great download: Flight 1s Citation Mustang Forum: (Thanks so much Jim Rhoads) http://www.flight1so...SafeStartup.exe5.4 Replace the Kite with your favorite aircraft. 5.5 Assure that FSX Settings have voice and aircraft traffic settings zeroed out.5.6 Create or load your desired FSX flight plan.5.7 Select your desired realtime FSX weather opton or my preference: minimize FSX and now load the REX weather engine. 5.8 full screen FSX and now load VoxATC so that it can read the already loaded flight plan and weather.WOW. Does this work well or what!running 12 mb ram, quad core, CCC, win7 x64, FSX, and a big load of other software.

I had been very flummoxed about your problem since I first read this thread. It's great that you've figured it out and all's sorted for you!I use Audio Environment easily with VoxATC... but I had installed VoxATC last, hence no problem over here. Still, this is a good bit of knowledge to have should a rebuild ever be in order!Regards,