Has anyone set up multiple COM and NAV GoFlight modules? I just got one of their multiple units with the following modules all on one front panel (great looking piece of kit by the way).

1. COM1
  2. COM 2
  3. NAV1
  4. NAV2
  5. XPDR
  6. Spare module (can use as DME)
  7. Multiple rotary knob and multiple push button module.

In their setup program I can assign the function to each module easily as it shows the COM and NAV functions. However in the assignments for the actual push button below each LED display I am confused. If you look at their set up document here, for instance on the left display of the COM module the example shows the selection as ATC_WINDOW_POPUP and the right display as ATC_ACTION_1. I assume that if I assign ATC_WINDOW_POPUP to the left button and press it then the ATC window pops up on the computer monitor. However I've no idea what the functions of the left button do. Here are some of the options.

1. ATC_ACTION_0
  2. ATC_ACTION_2
  3. ATC_ACTION_3
  4. ATC_ACTION_4
  5. ATC_ACTION_5
  6. ATC_ACTION_6
  7. ATC_ACTION_7
  8. ATC_ACTION_8
  9. ATC_ACTION_9
  10. DME_IDENT_AUDIO
  11. NAV_FREQ_OBS_SEL
  12. ADF_XPDR_TOGGLE
  13. XPDR_VFR-SET

ThanksAlan

Has anyone set up multiple COM and NAV GoFlight modules? I just got one of their multiple units with the following modules all on one front panel (great looking piece of kit by the way).
  1. COM1
  2. COM 2
  3. NAV1
  4. NAV2
  5. XPDR
  6. Spare module (can use as DME)
  7. Multiple rotary knob and multiple push button module.

In their setup program I can assign the function to each module easily as it shows the COM and NAV functions. However in the assignments for the actual push button below each LED display I am confused. If you look at their set up document here, for instance on the left display of the COM module the example shows the selection as ATC_WINDOW_POPUP and the right display as ATC_ACTION_1. I assume that if I assign ATC_WINDOW_POPUP to the left button and press it then the ATC window pops up on the computer monitor. However I've no idea what the functions of the left button do. Here are some of the options.

1. ATC_ACTION_0
  2. ATC_ACTION_2
  3. ATC_ACTION_3
  4. ATC_ACTION_4
  5. ATC_ACTION_5
  6. ATC_ACTION_6
  7. ATC_ACTION_7
  8. ATC_ACTION_8
  9. ATC_ACTION_9
  10. DME_IDENT_AUDIO
  11. NAV_FREQ_OBS_SEL
  12. ADF_XPDR_TOGGLE
  13. XPDR_VFR-SET

ThanksAlan

HelloNormally the GF-166 is set up primarily as a radio unit.The right button is set to Com1 select and the left button to Nav1 select , the center button is used to swap between the standby freq and the main freq.But it is entirely up to you what you want to use them for, that is the great thing about the goflight gear.be aware these units are addictive and you will no doubt buy more of them.The RP-48 and GF-46 is a very versatile setup alongside your GF-166

HelloNormally the GF-166 is set up primarily as a radio unit.The right button is set to Com1 select and the left button to Nav1 select , the center button is used to swap between the standby freq and the main freq.But it is entirely up to you what you want to use them for, that is the great thing about the goflight gear.be aware these units are addictive and you will no doubt buy more of them.The RP-48 and GF-46 is a very versatile setup alongside your GF-166
mad dogMy unit has two displays so the center button is the one that switches the active frequency and the bottom buttons are programmable. Here is what I have.41F0O1ftXtL._SL500_AA300_.jpgAlan

mad dogMy unit has two displays so the center button is the one that switches the active frequency and the bottom buttons are programmable. Here is what I have.41F0O1ftXtL._SL500_AA300_.jpgAlan
HelloVery Very nice, so basically four GF-166's and two GF-46's and an RP-48 in one unit.In that case you can use those left and right buttons for anything you like.Any of the functions in the relevant dropdowns in GFConfig, or using a registered FSuipc you can set them up for virtually any Sim command including lots that are not in the Sims joystick button configuration page, that is especially useful for the bottom unit (rp-48)as Fsuipc will let you map the rotaries and buttons to your aircrafts MCP or EfisYou have made the best investment possible for your Sim , I have never regretted for a moment buying my Goflight gear.Rock solid bits of kit and so versatile.