Sign in to follow this  
Thyone

No exterior model, 2 crashes and some incorrect behaviour

I downloaded and installed the NGX in 24 hours (welcome to Indonesia/the jungle), but to my surprise there is no display of the exterior model when looking at the airplane from outside. I'll try to reinstall FSX these days, will let you know if the problem persists. In my first two flights, at cruise I tried to change some options in the PMDG Setup in the CDU. At that point FSX did not only crash, but my whole computer shut down (not even the correct shutdown procedure, but the power just went off). Anyone else having this problem? My third flight was more successful, but I noticed some behaviour which I've not seen in the real NG: - With the A/T engaged before takeoff, pushing TO/GA will switch on the FD's during takeoff roll, even if they are not switched on. In the NGX I cannot use TO/GA if I did not switch on both FD's - When using APP mode (after VOR/LOC capture, before G/S interception), selecting the second A/P should switch this on (not yet engaged) and not transfer A/Ps like in the NGX - On the descent I noticed that if the speed drops too low, the FMA (for A/T) changes to "FMC SPD", which is correct. However, after gaining the correct speed, the thrust was set to idle again, and I expected the FMA to change back to "ARM". This did not happen. - When creating a waypoint on the LEGS page in the CDU based on coordinates, the FMC correctly creates a waypoint (WPT01 in this example). However, I am not able to use this waypoint to create another (eg WPT01360/40). This example returns "not in database". Could you tell me if this is the programmed behaviour or if this might be bugs? Thanks

- When using APP mode (after VOR/LOC capture, before G/S interception), selecting the second A/P should switch this on (not yet engaged) and not transfer A/Ps like in the NGX
Hi, Just a thought but maybe both FD's should be engaged before both autopilot can be engaged... But I have a question for you, when do you normally use N1 button on the MCP?Thanks

Hi, Just a thought but maybe both FD's should be engaged before both autopilot can be engaged... But I have a question for you, when do you normally use N1 button on the MCP?Thanks
At that point, both FD's were engaged, and I was only able to engage two APs after G/S capture. For the N1 button: I never use it. During T/O roll the FMA changes to "ARM", and at acceleration altitude (or thrust reduction altitude, have to check again) it automatically changes to "N1". Afaik N1 is not to be used as a replacement for the TO/GA mode.

At that point, both FD's were engaged, and I was only able to engage two APs after G/S capture. For the N1 button: I never use it. During T/O roll the FMA changes to "ARM", and at acceleration altitude (or thrust reduction altitude, have to check again) it automatically changes to "N1". Afaik N1 is not to be used as a replacement for the TO/GA mode.
Thanks that's exactly what I wanted to know! The correct waypoint entry for a copy should be waypointname/hdg/dist... So It should have workedRolling%20Eyes.gif

Thanks that's exactly what I wanted to know! The correct waypoint entry for a copy should be waypointname/hdg/dist... So It should have workedRolling%20Eyes.gif
Actually, it's [waypointname][trk]/[dst] eg SPL020/40 or REMES360/15 ;) I haven't tried the ones based on NAV DATA waypoints or VOR's (only TEMP waypoints (WPT01 etc) )

Actually, it's [waypointname][trk]/[dst] eg SPL020/40 or REMES360/15 ;) I haven't tried the ones based on NAV DATA waypoints or VOR's (only TEMP waypoints (WPT01 etc) )
You're correct it's "Track" and only one "/". So are you using custom waypoints (lat/lon waypoints)? Unfortunetly I don't have the aircraft to try it out. But usually I like to make custom waypoints and do touch an go around the airport, so I would have tried it.