Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

calooom

Advice on New Motherboard

I'm looking at doing a bit of an update for my current machine.I've found all the right components I want to upgrade so far, but I'm struggling on finding the right motherboard. I've currently got an i5 750 @2.67ghz, but it's incredibly restricted by a boring ol' Dell motherboard.I want to be able to overclock to at least 3.5ghz but to do this, I obviously need a decent motherboard. I want to try and keep it below a £100 budget if possible.Any recommendations? So far, I've found the following board, but I'm not too sure on it:http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-P7P55-LX-Express-PCI/dp/B002R02J5K/Also, I need to have 4 slots for ram, as I currently have 3x2gb.Thanks.

Calum Martin

Try looking at the P8P67...it's one of the latest ( if not the latest ) mobos...I use it and I'm currently oveclocking to 3.9/4 ghz ( waiting for cooler ) and don't have problems...[also it was oc'd to 4.4ghz ( without me knowing -.- ) and didn't have absolutely any problems...]

TomTheTomable

Try looking at the P8P67...it's one of the latest ( if not the latest ) mobos...I use it and I'm currently oveclocking to 3.9/4 ghz ( waiting for cooler ) and don't have problems...[also it was oc'd to 4.4ghz ( without me knowing -.- ) and didn't have absolutely any problems...]
Thanks for your advice. I did find that mobo, but it wasn't compatible with my CPU. However, I did find an Asus P7P55 Mobo, which I've now ordered :) Thanks for the help anyway!

Calum Martin

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,945.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now