Sign in to follow this  
PeterJones

Consistent BSOD Flash + Hard reboot

Hey guys, Of what I've seen, the 737 looks AMAZING, but I struggle to get it into the air.I'll lay out what's going on and my thoughts, and hopefully someone who's been through it can throw in their two cents. Since purchasing the 737NGX, I've installed by the book on a fresh FSX install.SP1 + SP2 + NGX What I've been getting is about one minute after starting the sim, a BSOD flashes up for under 1/2 a second, and then I get my BIOS startup screen. What I suspected was hardware, as there was nothing in the error log, and the OS wouldn't just hard reboot itself. So I set CPU and MB back to factory settings, tested the RAM, completely built a new fsx.cfg, followed the intro tweaks and whatnot. Now, after that, it ran beautifully - I didn't try and fly, but had a play around with it while parked, and it was all going well. Came home today expecting a good flight, but the issue is back again! I've narrowed it down to a few possible sources:Video driversSound Drivers - which do I disable to test?PSU - can't keep up?GPU - I've dialed back nearly every setting to min with no effect, so I don't think its the graphics card.CPU - has never been a problem before - overheating?RAMFSX737NGX Notes:Limiting FPS externally to 20Sometimes FSX uses max of 50% CPU, and others it goes and hogs the full 100%Could the system be taxed too heavy and the PSU not keeping up? or maybe a component overheating?I'm pretty set on hardware, as it looks suspiciously like a STOP error.Tried to get the BSOD to stay up, but disabling via boot screen / control panel / BIOS hasn't changed itIt did happen VERY rarely with the 747, and the obvious thing they share is PMDGsounds.dll, so I still included the sound drivers as possible. Intel Core 2 DuoNvidia 9500 GT3GB RAMWindows XP Professional - SP3Dual monitors (I also tried disabling second monitor, but no change) Any thoughts would be really appreciated LOL.gif- Peter

Figured that it only happens when sound is on - when I disable it the crash seems to go away. Although now I can get to flying it, has anyone had this problem, and any solutions?