Sign in to follow this  
Buffaloron

Alternative to KSX PMDG CDU

Hello After searching and researching I finally came up with a workable and flexible alternative to purchasing a dedicated CDU panel to work with FSX and my PMDG and other Aircraft. My system Configuration ASUS Deluxe PS5 MbDual Pentium 3.33 ghz CPU4 gb memoryRadeon 6770 Graphics CardCreative Lab soundcard3 1tb hdsSaitek RuddersSaitek Radio PanelsSaitel YokeLilliput 669Gl touchscreen46 Inch Olevia Monitor (HDMI)Windows 7 32 bit (too late to upgrade to 64 bit) What I wanted was a Flexible CDU Panel versus a dedicated CDU Panel. After reading several reviews of the available CDU panels I was discouraged by both the quality and the price. I finally decided on the Lilliput touchscreen LCD Monitor. Seeing as my Graphics card suppots multiple monitors I connected the Lilliput monitor as monitor 2 using the provided HDMI / USB cable, After calibration I am able to drag any Aircraft Panel to the touchpad and use either my finger or the provided stylus to operate any function on any panel that normally uses a mouse click. This allowed mew to quit trying to get FSUIPC or any other program to connect to the CDU or other acft panels during setup and in flight changes to the FMC. I am also capable of changing the touchpad to any other panel just by undocking and dragging it to the touchscreen Total cost less than $250, I could have held the cost to less than $200 but I wanted a 16' HDMI/USB cable so I wouldn't have to sit to close to my main dispay the 46" monitor. Now all I need is to figure out how to get the Cougar MFD panels to work with PMDG Acft and the Saitek Panles and I will be all set. Okay so I ramble but it does work and I don't have to spend >$500 for a dedicated solution or take the risks of CDU panels with dubious quality issues. Ron