Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rick65

ATI Radeon 5800 series - 1 gig

Hello everyone, So here’s my problem. I upgrade my computer last December and FSX at times been a ###### to run.Crash to desktop, freezes in flight. Out of memory errors messages. Last week I uninstalled everything and cleaned the registry and then started the reinstall process. Now when I load the program, I get blacked out graphics on the third (right) monitor, center and left are ok. Also, if you want to save (the location and gate) when the program opens again the terrain is completely flat. Could this be the ATI graphic card? I updated the drivers for the card last week. The problem keeps me from purchasing any more toys. Thanks for any advise and suggestions. Rick Dell XPS Studio 9100Windows 7 Ultimate SP1Intel Core i7 cpu 960 3.20GHZ18 Gig memory64-BitATI Radeon HD 5800Series 1Gig3 Dell U2211H Monitors FSX, with accelerationORBX FTX Australia SP3, airports YMML and YBBNLevel 3 767-300ER SP2Radar Contact (currently not installed)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have run as administrator with the same results. As suggested in other forums FSX is installed in it own folder C:/FSX Forgot to list it earlier but the registered version of FSUIPC is also installed.

I had a similar issue using the HD5870 Eyfinity 6. The only way I fixed it was by using my old HD4850 as well, so I had my main monitor plugged into the 5870, and my two backups plugged into the 4850. Now with my new build, I only have the 5870 and all 3 monitors are plugged into it. It works fine though now, so I could only guess that it may be some kind of bug between the card and something else. (my old system was a Dell too)