Sign in to follow this  

Lets all ponder this...........

Guest DanWalloch

Usually with the big well known FS designers and groups, why does one release an airplane and then the next day another group releases the exact same thing, and I mean an exact duplicate. For instance, Meljet and Posky....out of nowhere posky releases pics of a Gmax 747-400 and 744F, just after Meljet releases his. Then again with Simubuild's A340-600 and FlightCraft. Do groups release under two different names and sites to look like they are the dominate one or to get more downloads because of both sites????? I've just been wondering.

Guest adria320

Wrong forum!Well, but if you look for example at the SB and FlightCraft 346, you'll notice a lot of diferences! First of all, take a look at the noses ;-) than the wheels and the negines! You'll see, that the differ in a lot of things!

Guest Matthew Murray

Hello, I cannot really comment. However, when two groups create models, it doesn't matter when they release it, what matters is quality. Both groups create great aircraft for you to fly, you have just got to make your selection based on what works for you! It's just convienent timing! However on the USD/FC debate. USD released their A340 (Simubuild) first followed by FlightCraft excellent rendition at a later date, and by all means equally successful! To conclude, what is the point of your post? You are the winner at the end of the day!Regards,

It's just coninsidence my friend. I have been working on 744 way before Mel announced his. same with my 744F and rest to come. So it is simple a coincidence of what we wanted to make and when. Nothing more nothing less.

I can think of a few rasons.First people/groups are doing the add-ons for fun and in their spare time and they do what they want to do. If the group likes the 747 a lot nad they have the necessary resources they make a 747 even if there is already one out. So it does not matter if there is one or not, they are doing waht they want or they make the most requested plane by hte users.Secondly each group/designer can prefect the plane in certain ways. One group might make the a good model but with the best flight model...while another group might make a better model and a less complicated flight model. So even if more teams do the same plane they will each have their strengths and weaknesses. Just my 2 Canadian cents :-)Take careMike

Guest saudi_777

Another very good explanation is the popularity of these planes. Both the 747-400 & A340-600 are VERY popular planes so the fact that there's more than one model of these jets released really isn't bad since we get to choose the model that we prefer, plus of course each model can have a realistic feature which isn't available in the other. So why complain about an aircraft model being modelled by more than one designer/group? It's really a great thing to me and I'm very much sure that a lot of the others around here agree with me! :-hah Plus this is the Screenshot forum and not a forum for discussing FS planes. You should post this in the Hanger Chat or MSFS forum.Cheers,

YOu're right..and it also pushes the groups to strive to make the model better then the other thus releasing better planes all the time. Mike

Guest flightpro08
Guest paulri

Actually he is posting in the Hangar Chat forum--at least that is where I am reading it right now. 1513, Central Standard time, Oct 30, 2002.Has something gone wrong with the forum setup???Paul

Nothing wrong now..it was initialy posted in the SS forum but it has been moved now.Mike