Sign in to follow this  
raymar

How about posting the projected release schedule for SimSavvy high Rez

Any good progress on the water masking for the Mississippi Sound, Louisiana, etc.? Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

First let me say it's great to have this dedicated forum to provide us all with help in the effort. The answer to your question about water masking is yes and no.I spent two days trying and I thought I had it but instead I just wrecked a weeks worth of work :(But I may have half the solution because I found an ocean shapefile layer that matches the photoreal pretty good.The problem and ultimate failure arose when I realized that FSX has coastal land placed where there really is none. So Travis gave me the next idea to try. But I don't have a week to spend on it so here is where the help comes in.His idea is to change the landclass and put water over the entire world leaving the terrain mesh.When I generate the Geotiff before resample I include the ocean layer that matches my photoreal and make the oceans white.In the resample I make the white transparent and the default ocean bleeds through.So all I need is for someone to tell me how to change that landclass. It's so simple for someone who has spent a week understanding it all.I am very busy trying to keep my promises to my customers and it's going well. But everytime I stop to do something else my current project suffers.Did that answer your question Ray?

First let me say it's great to have this dedicated forum to provide us all with help in the effort. The answer to your question about water masking is yes and no.I spent two days trying and I thought I had it but instead I just wrecked a weeks worth of work sad.pngBut I may have half the solution because I found an ocean shapefile layer that matches the photoreal pretty good.The problem and ultimate failure arose when I realized that FSX has coastal land placed where there really is none. So Travis gave me the next idea to try. But I don't have a week to spend on it so here is where the help comes in.His idea is to change the landclass and put water over the entire world leaving the terrain mesh.When I generate the Geotiff before resample I include the ocean layer that matches my photoreal and make the oceans white.In the resample I make the white transparent and the default ocean bleeds through.So all I need is for someone to tell me how to change that landclass. It's so simple for someone who has spent a week understanding it all.I am very busy trying to keep my promises to my customers and it's going well. But everytime I stop to do something else my current project suffers.Did that answer your question Ray?
Yep. I guess we just have to keep watermasking on the burners with some low heat because it eventually will have to be solved to have a presentable product. I was busy adding condos and malls and such along the coast to give the photo scenery some character then the PMDG 737NGX hit the market and I have been playing around with it and the P8-A military version. Making some progress but the paintkit has not been released yet. I noticed you didn't mentions any of the gulf states in the work schedule on the other forum. I hope they aren't too far down the list for high-rez updates. The good news is that any bgls we generate for the existing scenery will work with no changes in the high rez version. Are the new high rez states coming out with similar colors? It is real obvious when I fly from Blue Mississippi to Green Louisiana. You can actually see the state lines while flying - not that it is a good thing. Ray What comes after a Terabyte? I'm going to need two of them.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .