Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ray hughes

Adjusting panel light control and then ..CTD ! Nooooo !

I had a look through the Forum, and I apologise if this has already been mentioned. I am not sure this is specifically related to the DOME lighting issue or not, and hope for forum member clarification. Took off from Bellingham WA in the NGX 800 wl - weather default FSX real weather download with Turbulence and upper winds disabled as recommended. Heading southbound to KPDX - FMC fully programmed. Time of Day twilight. Actually blown away by the scenery and the flight itself (PNW from Orbx) as dusk descended. Had full lighting for takeoff and decided to dim all lighting except instruments to enhance the growing darkness. Had just wound back the lighting knob to almost its closed detente below the primary flight display - when long pause then, CTD.... Man does that get annoying!! Don't know if the CTD and the light adjustment are related or not so hence the post. Anyone else having this issue? Ray My System Win 7 64 bit, i5 750 overclocked to 3.2 Ghz and stable. FSX Sp2 installed. 4 Gigsx1600 Kingston Ram at 1.65volt, Latest Nvidia 180.x drivers on GTX 460 1 gig Video card and running all the standard tweaks such as unlimited FPS and frame limiter set to 30 FPS.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

42%
    $10,690.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now