Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JoTayhen

Instrument Lighting question

I recently purchased the Centurion and love it! I wonder if anyone else has noticed this? When I taxi from parking to active at dawn all is well with the panel floods on and the instruments lit up as expected. Into position on the active and on the take-off run all continues to be well however, when the wheels leave the ground all the instrument lights turn off, both the 530 & the 430 dim leaving only the panel floods. I purchased the Centurion 10 days ago. Any suggestions as to what I am not doing or doing wrong? Thanks! John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Here's an update. The instrument lights appear to be sensitive to the amount of ambient light entering the cockpit. For instance, if you taxi from the ramp to runway 6 at KCDN at dawn as the sun is about to appear above the horizon (6:50AM +/-), you will orient your a/c in the following directions: 330 degs - 240 degs - 330 degs. The instrument lights will stay on all during the taxi out to the active. As you cross the threshold of the active (runway 6) you will orient your a/c to approx 60 degs. Depending upon how much of the sun has broken the horizon at this point, your instrument lights will either remain on or spontaneously turn off leaving only the panel lights on. If enough of the sun is above the horizon to cause the instrument lights to turn off at this point, you can even taxi around in a circle or taxi back to the tarmac and the instrument lights will remain off even if the cockpit is oriented away from the rising sun. I have asked the folks at Carenado to help with this scenario and we are discussing it now. I am very much impressed with not only the Centurion T210 but also with the support that the folks at Carenado are providing. They are just a great bunch of guys! I am hoping something can be done to allow the instrument lights to remain on for a little longer during periods such as this as it helps "old foggies" like me to see the instruments better. If is proves something I must accept and live with I am certainly prepared to do that also. I'll let everyone know how this turns out. This is a great GA A/C and I am thrilled to own & fly it! John