Sign in to follow this  
AndyStrat

Approach Reference

I have tried a few times now to fly from EGKK to EHAM without full success. Can someone tell me what "EFIS MODE/NAV FREQ Disagree" means please? I arrive for Runway 06 and the ILS is 110.55 as far as I can tell. I use the Redfa approach on to Sugol? I have set the NAV 1 on both sides, and I have the F/D on both sides. I set NAV on the overhead?Also as I make the approach I get another warning on the cdu saying no approach reference selected? I must be doing something wrong and I have tried to read up and find out what's wrong.Maybe I have missed something? Any help would be appreciated a lot. Andy

"Indicates APP is selected with a VOR frequency tuned, or VOR is selected with an ILS frequency tuned.•the annunciation only applies to an on–side comparison of the EFIS control panel mode and tuned VOR/ILS frequency•applicable to expanded and center APP and VOR modes•dashes displayed on DME display and ILS/VOR frequency display•localizer course deviation bar, VOR course deviation bar, and glide slope pointer (for APP mode) are not displayed." Straight from FCOMv2

Thanks Di, In all honesty that means nothing to me as I don't understand the full terminology of aviation.If I knew which button to press or not to press that would help. I will just keep at it until I find what's wrong.Being able to land once would be a bonus for sure........LOL Andy

Thanks Di, In all honesty that means nothing to me as I don't understand the full terminology of aviation.If I knew which button to press or not to press that would help. I will just keep at it until I find what's wrong.Being able to land once would be a bonus for sure........LOL Andy
It means the NAV 1 & 2 frequency you have entered is not the correct frequency for the ILS you're flying.

im%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gif Why did you not just say that instead.........LOL.gifLOL.gif Ok, I wanted to land runway 06. The chart says the ILS is 110.55 but there is another one of 108.40? But I thought that was for runway 18R?I will have another look at the charts, I use Simplates x so maybe it has the wrong information? Thanks Di, at least I have an idea where to look now. Andy

Well, it doesn't mean you flying an incorrect ILS freq, but simply you EFIS Nav Display mode doesn't jive with what Freq is inputted into the Nav radios. 110.55 is correct for 06. The EFIS nav mode selector should be set to either APP, or MAP or PLAN mode and the warning will go away when tuned to 110.55.

It means the NAV 1 & 2 frequency you have entered is not the correct frequency for the ILS you're flying.
Not really tuned for the wrong ILS, but for the wrong type of navaid. VOR frequencies range from 108.0MHz to 117.95MHz but have assignated different decimals than Localizer frequencies. VOR FREQS:-108.0 ; 108,05 ; 108.2 ; 108,25 ; 108.4 ;108,45 up to 111,85 (note the tenths are alwais even)-112.0; 112.05; 112.1; 112.15; 112.2 and so on at 0.05 MHz (50 KHz) spacing to117.9 and finally 117.95 MHz. MHz (note the tenths are now odd) The reason for the gap and the change from even decimals to odd decimals to even decimals is that there are 40 frequencies allocated to lozalizers in the same bandwitdth. The glidepath transmission is not in the VHF band, they are in the UHF (and are in fact a whole different rig on the ground). there are 40 possible GP freqs, and are paired with the LOC frequency so that you don't have to tune them manually. conclussion: The on board equipment knows what you are tuning into.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

Well, it doesn't mean you flying an incorrect ILS freq, but simply you EFIS Nav Display mode doesn't jive with what Freq is inputted into the Nav radios. 110.55 is correct for 06. The EFIS nav mode selector should be set to either APP, or MAP or PLAN mode and the warning will go away when tuned to 110.55.
Thanks Very much...im%20Not%20Worthy.gif I think I need to pay for lessons.............LOLThis is the best aircraft I have ever tried to fly, but it's frustrating when you think you have it worked out and then it goes boobs up LOL.gif Andy

The problem I have is when I switch to APP or plan I get a yellow bar on the display saying "EFIS MODE/NAV FREQ Disagree"Then I get another message on the FMC saying "no approach ref selected"? I have tried a different route with the same results so I am missing something. Banging my head on the wall don't help either LOL.gif Maybe I am not doing something on the fmc before I reach the localizer? Andy

The problem I have is when I switch to APP or plan I get a yellow bar on the display saying "EFIS MODE/NAV FREQ Disagree"Then I get another message on the FMC saying "no approach ref selected"? I have tried a different route with the same results so I am missing something. Banging my head on the wall don't help either LOL.gif Maybe I am not doing something on the fmc before I reach the localizer? Andy
In the Init Ref page, have you entered in the flaps config?

Ahah! Well done Di, I think you just answered my problem. Hug.gifI have NOT done this so I will now go and work out how to do that.......lol Can't read no more of the manuals, my eyes have gone all swirly.........LOL Andy

Ahah! Well done Di, I think you just answered my problem. Hug.gifI have NOT done this so I will now go and work out how to do that.......lol Can't read no more of the manuals, my eyes have gone all swirly.........LOL Andy
Hahaha this is the easy part. When you're descending into the dest, just hit the Init Ref key on the CDU. Then press the key next to the flap config/speed you want/ Ie 40/137. That's full flaps with approach reference speed of 137kts. Then just hit the key next to the blank boxes (key 5R I believe) and voila. Done

Thank you Di xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hug.gifHug.gifHug.gif Landed safe and well......... only 32 killed and 51 injured .........LOL .. just kidding...I read the tutorial again and it said press the flap speed/config Twice... not sure about the blank parts.. I am going in for another go......lol The Dutch will hate me soon LOL AndyOh and I found a way to keep the kids quiet when they act up during the holidays.... crybaby.jpgLMAO.gifLMAO.gifLMAO.gifLMAO.gifLMAO.gif Andy