Sign in to follow this  
svezir

FSX Hangs upon exit with ECZA

After flying normally, FSX does not shutdown at exit (either from end flight and exit menu or through closing by pressin (X) on the top right corner) but hangs. After I do an End Process from task manager fsx.exe and ECZA.exe drop from the application menu but remain in processes window. CMD screen taskkill command also does not work. Only solution is to perform a reboot.I have disabled the ECZA entry in the exe.xml file and the problem goes away. It seems ECZA is the culprit. How can I work around this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for your help and sorry about the mistype (EZCA). I am not overclocking my PC and had looked at the above mentioned thread about possible solution but to no avail. However, I experimented with the following with some success; after finishing my flight before closing FSX, I go ahead and shut down EZCA through the icon placed at the taskbar by right clicking on it and choosing "Close window" selection. EZCA shuts down and removes itself from both applications and running process windows successfully. Then I can shut down FSX withou any problem through the end flight selection. It seems to me FSX shut down procedure stumbles if the EZCA is operating in the background.

Guest jahman

Have you tried exiting your flight to the FSX start-up screen by hitting your Escape key and then exxiting FSX? Perhaps that might make a difference, or maybe not, but its easy to try. Cheers, - jahman.

Guest firehawk44
Thank you for your help and sorry about the mistype (EZCA). I am not overclocking my PC and had looked at the above mentioned thread about possible solution but to no avail. However, I experimented with the following with some success; after finishing my flight before closing FSX, I go ahead and shut down EZCA through the icon placed at the taskbar by right clicking on it and choosing "Close window" selection. EZCA shuts down and removes itself from both applications and running process windows successfully. Then I can shut down FSX withou any problem through the end flight selection. It seems to me FSX shut down procedure stumbles if the EZCA is operating in the background.
That's not the way it is suppose to work and it may have been corrupted in some way. Have you tried uninstalling it (remember you have to restore the aircraft.cfg's first, then uninstall)? Then try a reinstall and make sure UAC and any anti-virus program is disabled during the install process. I think you have to run the configurator every time you install a new aircraft so the aircraft.cfg can be modified. So, if you install a new aircraft since installing EZCA, then make sure the configurator has been run. Best regards,Jim

No dice. I have tried the below mentioned items without any success. - Uninstalled (with restoring original aircraft) and reinstalled with avast anti-virus turned off and UAC at "Never notify" (which I have at this level all the time).- With Avast turned off ran FSX and EZCA normally but when exiting had the same misfortune of both programs not exiting.- Gave full control to both EZCA and FSX under properties, security tab for all users.- Used "Daphne" (a software for providing detailed information about running processes and services with kill function), kill function did not work both program exe files pop back up in the list after kill command. Looking more deeply into the matter it seems fsx.exe has a parent process that is a "zombie".- Currently looking into ways how can I kill a zombie :) Any help would be appreciated,