Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brucek

KLGA approach question

I am flying a relatively short leg from KBOS to KLGA with the NGX, and am wondering if anyone who knows the traffic patterns could tell me the approaches usually used for the various runways at KLGA (22 is probably relatively easy as a "straight in", but how about 04, 13 and 31)? I assume since the other two major NY area airports are using similar runway headings that there are somewhat standardized procedures to get aligned with the approaches from the north without transgressing on the other airport traffic patterns). I assume that the runway used for departures also factors into this. Thanks for any info from anyone who is crazy enough like me to ponder such things as approach paths... :) Thanks, Bruce.

ASEL, Instrument.

KBJC, Colorado.

Thanks, appreciated.Bruce.

ASEL, Instrument.

KBJC, Colorado.

I was going to write out a big description on how to fly the approaches but it got deleted by accident, so here is the ZNY SOP for LGA,http://nyartcc.org/SOP/LGA_SOP.pdf, look at page 97-102. There is a video map legend on page 54/55 which will help you figure out what certain things mean on there. Hope that helps, lot easier to explain in words but it just takes way too long to write out since there is just so many different variables.

Sam Vaughan