Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flytn

FSX on approach - much faster after reload?

Hey everyone, I did a bit of searching on this subject and didn't find much but I noticed something tonight while flying into EDDF. After a long flight on approach (rwy 25r) my fps was somewhere around 20 with occasional dips to 15 and then up to 30. Kind of choppy due to the swings, but fine. I saved the flight about 3 miles out on approach as I usually do just to come back and practice. I reloaded the flight with the same weather, location, and time and noticed about the same number of ai on the ground (I use ultimate traffic), but my fps was up to the mid 50s. Sometimes I make use of an external limiter but haven't recently. Is there a reason that my fps would almost double after the reload? I am guessing FSX dumps some of the ai you can't see but that wouldn't account for that big of a swing. Anyone out there have any theories on this? My computer is solid - i7 2600k at 4.3 w/ 8gb ram so I think it has the juice to run it at the fps I saw on the second go all the time... if there are some tips to duplicate the smoothness of FSX after reload that would be awesome!

Do you run a traffic program? If so, on a reload it may not have built up much AI traffic whereas flying in there naturally could have a full-blown traffic jam.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,945.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now