Sign in to follow this  
ofarre87

CTD everytime FSDreamTeam

Have FSDreamteam HNL, Hawaii 1 & 2 airports which uses Couatl. Every time I load the NGX at one of the airports, fly to or from anywhere in the area FSX CTD. Event log follows: Faulting application name: couatl.exe, version: 2.0.0.2170, time stamp: 0x4e5f87daFaulting module name: couatl.exe, version: 2.0.0.2170, time stamp: 0x4e5f87daException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00050385Faulting process id: 0x2d4Faulting application start time: 0x01cc6daea4c1f02aFaulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exeFaulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exeReport Id: 64a81e87-d9a9-11e0-a7c8-00235407df1f Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4e4a3aefException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000e1b92Faulting process id: 0x978Faulting application start time: 0x01cc6dae459324ceFaulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLL

Not sure if this is the solution cause mine had a different .dll error not related to the NGX, but I did have the same problem once. It would crash at any FSDreamteam Airport anytime I was inside its boundries. Verify the following for me. Have you deleted or uninstalled any of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributables? How many do you have? There should be at least two. Look in your list of installed Programs.

Rick, should also keep in mind that you installed your FSX in the worst location: "C:\Program Files (x86)\....". Under Win7 you really should avoid this, due to the way that W7 handels this folder regarding access the rights. Choose any other location like C:\FSX for FSX and its addons!

Not sure if this is the solution cause mine had a different .dll error not related to the NGX, but I did have the same problem once. It would crash at any FSDreamteam Airport anytime I was inside its boundries. Verify the following for me. Have you deleted or uninstalled any of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributables? How many do you have? There should be two. Look in your list of installed Programs.
here's my list of them...

Mine looks nearly the same (some more entries) and I don't have any issue with FSDT (at least the Hawaiian airports) and the NGX. Did you made regular updates through "Windows Update"?

Looks like your good on the C++2005 stuff. Like a dumba@@ once I uninstalled one of my C++ 2005 Redistributables. When I went to reinstall I got one from the Microsoft Website but that was with SP1. I still needed the old C++ 2005 as well which gets installed by FSX. So the only solution for me was to reinstall FSX again. However you error seems to be different. Before you do anything else go to the link below to get the latest version of the stand alone addon manager and install it. Then test to see if the problem is fixed. If not send a support ticket to FSDreamteam and one to PMDG as well. Get the latest addon Manager for FSDT Here: http://www.virtualis...donmanagerX.exe

Looks like your good on the C++2005 stuff. Like a dumba@@ once I uninstalled one of my C++ 2005 Redistributables. When I went to reinstall I got one from the Microsoft Website but that was with SP1. I still needed the old C++ 2005 as well which gets installed by FSX. So the only solution for me was to reinstall FSX again. However you error seems to be different. Before you do anything else go to the link below to get the latest version of the stand alone addon manager and install it. Then test to see if the problem is fixed. If not send a support ticket to FSDreamteam and one to PMDG as well. Get the latest addon Manager for FSDT Here: http://www.virtualis...donmanagerX.exe
Installed that, did a short flight (about 1 hr. ) no trouble! (so far) I will continue to test the area with a long flight to HNL tomorrow. thanks

Update: did several more short flights and a long one from the mainland; seems to be working normally. Thanks ;)