Sign in to follow this  
ga

Some question III

Hello agin Gents/Ladies ;) 1. At cold&dark and when i come to enable VNAV/LNAV it would not activate, I look at FMC se that LEGS is not speed set, intil suddenly it comes alive also my HUD is this the IRS that is aligned? 2. A stupid qustion again, were is the windows washer? 3. Whats the max wind for landing for the 737? 4. Were do you see how cold/Celsius its out there in wich HUD or display? 5. I got this in the Main HUD, GS447 / TAS453 what is this, and just under it 206/10 this is wind dircetion and the wind strenght right blowing from 206 with 10ks wind

1. You must align the IRS and setup the FMC. Once you've done this, VNAV will activate on the ground so long as the first waypoint is within so many degrees of the takeoff track (5, I think).2. ? Check the overhead by the wiper switches. I'm not at home now to look.3. The FCOM1 is the best place to look. In the mean time, this will give you an idea of 737 limits generally http://www.b737.org....htm#Wind_Limits4. Check OAT on Upper ND.5. TAS=true airspeed, or speed through the air, adjusted for pressure and temperature (as opposed to indicated airspeed (IAS)); GS=ground speed, which takes into account wind (i.e., your speed over the ground). Honestly, you really should consider opening those manuals very soon. The NGX is a complex aircraft and assumes 1) a familiarity with aircraft systems and some flight experience or 2) a willingness to learn. No offense, but this will be a long road ahead until you trust in your manuals. Keep the questions coming, but that's my friendly advice. Trevor

Thx Trevor for taking the time;) Yes I have read the manuals some off it tho;) but ofcourse could read alot more, and no offence taken ;)