Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

Simconnect sp1 Message problem again

Had a hard drive crash last week on client computer running ASE. I upgraded to Windows 7 with new hard drive now when I attempt to load ASX and do the upgrades again to ASE I get the SP1 not found message. Has anyone actually solved this problem. Have searched for hours and most of the stuff is old. Need a little help here! Never had this problem before.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Never mind....After hours of searching I ran across this post and it works Great. Thanks to EmileB where ever your are!! snapback.pngEmileB, on 22 September 2010 - 04:12 AM, said:Hi Jim,Apologies if I overlooked something, but in the file /Program Files/HiFi/XEngine/ASX/Documentation/networkedconfig.html :1. nowhere did I find any mention of having to install the SDK on the client PC (it may be implied but it's not listed as a step to be done) Confused.gif2. only the SimConnect.msi file in the \SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\lib folder is mentioned as needing to be copied to the client PC and run there Confused.gifSo that's all I did initially.However, after reading your post I completely uninstalled ASX and SimConnect Client.I did then install the SDK from the FSX DVD, the previously downloaded SDK SP1A and SDK SP2, in that order, on the networked notebook.Then I ran each of the SimConnect.msi files in that order from the following folders :\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-RTM\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-SP1\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\libThen I installed ASX. And indeed it worked Applause.gif !!Then, to test a hypothesis, once again I uninstalled ASX and all of the three versions of SimConnect Client and the FSX SDK from the networked notebook. So started again from scratch, so to speak. This time I just copied each of the SimConnect.msi files as above and in that order from the FSX "server" PC and ran them. Then I installed ASX. And once again it worked !I am very grateful for your reply. It has resulted in ASX now running as it should from my networked notebook.However, it would have helped if this process was reflected in the Networked Configuration file. Additionally, it looks like anyone who has the SDK and service packs already installed on their FSX "server" only needs to copy each of the three SimConnect.msi files to their SimConnect client PC and run them in the right order - no need to install the SDK and service packs on the client notebook as well, at least that was the case with my setup - FWIW.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/