Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

samdean

FPS drop during short final approach

Captains, So far I've been very pleased with the frame rates with the NGX - it's nice to be able to get at least 22-30 frames for most phases of flight. I have noticed, however, that there's a peculiar drop in frame rates that beings during the final phases of approach in the VC. During my approach and flare, I find that a smooth 23 FPS approach drops down suddenly to about 14-15 and the stuttering begins. Has anyone noticed this? I wonder what process in FSX or the NGX may be causing this. I noticed this flying into CYYC a few times - getting great frames up the threshold, and then a decrease. My taxi in also tends to be affected - the frame generally seem lower than they would be given the traffic/weather etc. I know it's fairly general, but I am interested in opinions/insights... i7 930, OC 3.3 GHz, 10 GB RAM, nVidia 465GTX (with PMDG sticky Inspector tweaks)REX 2.0, ASE, EzDoc, *******' tweaked FSX.CFG, external frame limit (=30)Most sliders to the right; AI traffic @ 20% Regards,Sam Kharey

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!