Sign in to follow this  
misgav

Nvidia control panel gone!?

For some strange reason I cannot open the Nvidia control panel.I used to access it with a right click on the desktop. Now it doesn't show up at all. The closest I can get is via the control panel/appearance and personalization/adjust screen resolution, wich doesn't really give me all the options the nvidia control panel gives.Stranger still is when I enter Nvidia control panel in the search programs/files, the icon shows up but clicking it does not open it Eytan Ornstein computer specsIntel Core i5 2500 CPU @3,3GHZGeForce 9800GT 512MB GPUDDR3 4GBSATA 3 hd 1TBWindows 7 32 bitSamsung Synchmaster 931BF 19" monitorMAG Proview 21" monitorThrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS XVRInsight M-panel

It's a windows 7 thing !! You will find it in the control panel and you can set it to appear in the tray near the clock.
I get CP through right click on desktop...

Nvidia control panel should appear in windows 7 control panel. If minimum items visible, (ie. 8 subheadings), expand 'category' (top right) > select >large icons etc. to show, all control panel items. If not there, Go to, > local disk(C:) > program files > Nvidia corporation > control panel client.double click on the Nvcplui.exe to start the Nvidia control panel. To activate the 'right click on desktop function', start it from there and then select from top taskbar, > Desktop > put a tick in 'add context desktop menu'.It should now appear when right clicking on desktop. ( this is usually set by default ). Ron.