Sign in to follow this  
Guest calnaction

Aerolineas Argentinas, what's up?

Hey everyone, The first (and only time) I ever flew in a 747 was on Aerolineas Argentinas going to Buenos Aires from JFK. I was only about 5, but I remember falling in love with the huge aircraft and flying in general. My parents also lived in Argentina for about 10 years, so I have a deep fondness and loyalty to the country, even though I am not tied by blood. I have done a few flights to Argentina and around the country, usually following Aerolineas' schedule. I decided I wanted to do a long haul flight in FS from LAX to EZE in one of their ordered A340-600s, but I am distraught to find that Aerolineas Argentinas appears to have ceased to exist! I have searched frantically to find what happened, and though I heard that they shut down temporarily during the worst of their economic crisis, they supposedly came back afterwards. I even found a picture on airliners.net dated from Nov. 2, 2002 at JFK, but their website seems to not exist and there is no flight information on any airport's site! Does anyone know their fate, perhaps some Argentinean? I really hope they are not another airline forced into bankruptcy!-Cal

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!