Sign in to follow this  
JoeyL

Fps with a i7 930 at 4,0GHz

Hello, I recently purchased an watercooling set for my PC, so that i could clock my i7 930 to 4,0-4,5GHz, i can say that the temps are great. I also bought an SSD for Windows, and put my FSX on my HDD, with the idea it would be faster to have Windows and FSX on an other HDD.However, my performance is just bad. With ONLY the NGX installed i get around 30 fps on a default airport, so you can understand that with GEX, REX, and an Aerosoft airport this will drop far below the minium to enjoy the sim (and my bucks i spend on this PC).I have no idea why it is so bad, its not due the overclock because at stock speed my fps drop even futher.. Complete specs: OCZ 700W PSUAsus P6T SEi7 930 @ 4,0GHzGTX4606 GB DDR3 1600MHz Kingston HyperXKingston 96 V+100 SSD (boot)Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB (FSX and other games) My settings are normal for the machine i have, water is set to Low x2 and clouds at midium high. Any idea's? Thanks.

Have you followed the fsx tuning instructions in the ngx introduction document?

Yes I did that, didn't make my fps I would expect it to run..

What exactly are normal settings for your machine?

Doesn't look like you're pushing it too hard. You might try normal autogen, & no cockpit tooltips. Traffic is also one of the biggest performance drainers, so maybe dialing that back to 10-15%. Do you use a 2nd monitor? That could explain poor performance if you're dragging panels over to it.Another question is if you're using an external frame limiter & forgot it was there. (stranger things have happened) EDIT: Last thing that comes to mind is go ahead & install your other addons to see how much impact they end up having.

Try useing 16 bit colors, it will give you awsome fps and you wont notice a thing. You can find this by looking at the end of your screen size. If it ends in x32 then your in 32 bit. So find one that starts with your screen size and ends with x16.