Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

denver69

MSSTDFMT.dll error

Ok, so I went thru the checklist in the rc4faq and still no luck with this one. mkrwys is in the same folder fsx is in for the fsx.exe. At least i think it is, saw it in the fsx root folder together anyway. I re built scenery database, basically everything in the faq. I am running fsx on a second hd, same as fsx. RC4 installed into e:\flight simulator x programs however the mkrrwys is in e:\microsoft games\flight simulator x like it should be. I tried moving the flight simulator x programs file into the main root directory but no joy so now i am in the process of putting it where it was. that was stupid but i am just stabbing in the dark here.\ any ideas?

Marc Lynn

So I majorly screwede up this installation my trying to copy and move these directorys beetween hd's cus i do not know what i am doing so now i need to reinstall this thing and was hoping someone could fill me in on installing it in fsx on a second hard drive so this does not happen again. I am not very profecient at windows 7 yet apparently.

Marc Lynn

Just disregard this post, you can delete this if you want to. In my frustration I missed the sticky at the top. I will try to work it out and I am sure I can surmount even this obstacle. Sorry

Marc Lynn

Yay me!! Allot of people had problems with this but i got lucky. I only had to download the .dll from some website, install it into the syswow64 folder and then go into DOS with the procedure in the sticky above and it worked. After 2 hours of effin around but I got it working now. Just threw me for a loop since this is the 3rd time I have installed this on any particular system and have never had this issue before. Thanks for your prayers folks, you guys can all relax now.

Marc Lynn

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

42%
    $10,670.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now