Sign in to follow this  
EdwardSm

Question about VC and 2D popups

After going through the manual, in particular the portion covering assigning shortcuts through the PMDG drop down menu, and after having searched here as well as finding a very brief entry in the PMDG KB I am confused as to the capabilities to creating shortcuts for panels. I have seen entries in the Cockpit & Cabin Lights which appear to control panels; however, when I assign them an unused keyboard shortcut and return to the VC the keyboard command does not appear to work. So my question is, is it possible to assign and open some panels from the VC using self-assigned keyboard shortcuts? If so how?

Edward Smoker Sr.

So can anyone help me with this? Maybe someone from PMDG tech support? I re-read the knowledge-base article that says shortcut keys can be assigned to certain panels to pop up in the VC; however, when I try it nothing happens. To be precise SOMETHING does happen. My mouse changes from an arrow to a hand such as the type that is used to turn dials. No panel pops up though. Can anyone provide some guidance or insight? Maybe this is a corrupted instillation?

Edward Smoker Sr.