I have been a user of Evo since 2010 and have been extremely happy with it however, I cannot resist tampering with settings Rolling%20Eyes.gif . I used to have a number of settings in FSUIPC "helping" with the weather but have now cleared its input (having read a number of posts on the forum) and am using ASE to control the lot. The issue I now have is that its great for a few mins and the weather works brilliantly but then clears itself and I am left with clear skys until I hit refresh then its good for a few mins again. I am using FS9 and all weather off in FSUIPC. Any pointers much appreciated! Thanks Stuart

Hi Stuart, The options that might be affecting this include suppression options (ceiling, range, and suppression enabled/disabled). Also make sure you indeed do have any FSUIPC vis graduation/smoothing options off. Wind smoothing via FSUIPC is OK to supplement ASE smoothing. For the suppression options I'd recommend 50SM range to start with and ceiling just under your cruise altitude. If you continue having trouble try upping the range to 150sm and use 0 for suppression ceiling to disable.Please let us know if this helps at all...

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Damian Many thanks for your speedy support, yes that seems to have done the trick thanks! Just out of interest the maximum that ASE would allow me to suppress is 20000 ft. What exactly does the suppression do please? Kind regards Stuart

Hi again,It's explained in the manual, but essentially it prevents updates below this altitude to avoid potential performance hits on approach/final as a result of weather updates. For FS9, this isn't necessarily helpful for all users, and is aimed at those with slower-performing systems.

Damian Clark

Damian Sorry if I am being a pain but I cannot understand why not having suppression would cause my weather not to be there as I described in my first post. Please accept my apologies, I should have explained previously I run FS9 on an i7 machine with a 1 gig Nvidia GTS240 and 6 gig of ram, hard drive is split over 2 drives both of which are raid stripe. ASE is run on a networked PC which is a Pentium duel core with a 512 meg ati card and 2 gig of ram. I just cant understand why I need to suppress the weather and cant get any displayed without doing so? I love ASE and really enjoy using it, I am not being critical in my post just want to make it work properly! Kind regards Stuart

Stuart, If you've isolated this "problem" to a specific set of options, where weather is clearing only when enabling suppression, please forward your confirmed option set and log files to our support center (support.hifitechinc.com) where we can investigate fully. There is either an unknown bug or a conflict with other options/unexpected results.if this is the case. Hopefully we can identify it.

Damian Clark